Wood flooring is one of the most attractive options for the home. Even though it is more expensive than other kinds of flooring, such as linoleum and carpeting, it does have lots of advantages that can overcome the extra price. Here are six of the positive reasons to use wood flooring:
1) Long-lasting – one of the major reasons to install hardwood floors is its ability to last. With minimal care and attention, this sort of flooring has the potential to last for decades. The lifespan of other flooring can be much less. As an example, carpet may have to be replaced at five-year intervals because of the everyday wear and tear that contributes to holes, stains and overall shabbiness. This is sure to benefit in homes with pets because the dirt and mud walked in from outside by cats and dogs is that much easier to clean up.
3) Very hygienic surface – wood is a really safe and hygienic surface that will not harbor dirt and parasites. Alternative flooring surfaces like carpet is well-known to trap dust, fleas and dust mites, which can have a negative effect on allergy sufferers. In addition, stone and tile floors are merely as sterile as timber, but they don’t have the same feel and warmth provided by the wooden surface.
4) Under floor heating – the good character of wood flooring makes it a practical option to get under floor heating installed in the house. This sort of heating is quite efficient and removes the requirement to have heating units on show throughout the home.
5) Easy possum Scat – if the timber flooring ever starts to look tired and worn from regular use, it’s possible to renovate with an easy do-it-yourself sanding and sealing project. A high-quality job has the potential to completely return the flooring back to new. Additionally, this is a lot more cost efficient than having to replace with fresh, which is likely to be the normal practice with carpets.
6) Timeless appeal – the appeal of timber flooring has lasted for centuries and is just as popular today. Other flooring options such as tile patterns, linoleum and carpet may have a style that is sure to lose its appeal over a time period.